Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, the property inventory is an essential document and second only to the rental agreement in terms of importance. The importance of the inventory is occasionally underrated by the landlord and tenant, as they do not always appreciate how the report can protect them both. In our opinion both parties should always request that this essential inventory is carried out, so to avoid any disputes at the end of the tenancy, in any case where a dispute arises any issues can be quickly and clearly identified.
What is an inventory make?
Start as you mean to go on…an Inventory Make is a detailed and descriptive list of contents, fixtures and fittings as well as the condition of a rental property provided at the start of a tenancy. Our clear and detailed reports highlight everything within the dwelling from the door and all its fixtures to the number of knives, forks and spoons. We always include detailed descriptions of the cleanliness of each property and a summary of the cleaning standard throughout the property. All the areas within the property are clearly labelled and correctly grouped to ensure the report is easy and clear to read.
We have put together a list of 5 key reasons why an inventory is important:
- The inventory provides an accurate report detailing the condition and cleanliness at the start of the tenancy.
- Our professional clerks are impartial to both parties and give an honest and fair report based on the property.
- The report will provide a comprehensive guide to the tenant on how to return the property at the end of the tenancy.
- It reduces the potential for disagreements on who is responsible for repairs and damage and will aid in determining fair wear and tear.
- It will safeguard both the landlord and tenant.
We only recommend using a fully trained ARLA Inventories provider like InvenHomes, this ensures they are dealing with an accredited / qualified professional company who meets the highest industry standards.
Get in touch
We are always here to help and offer knowledgeable advice.